The Mustang Plus Tile Levelling Clips are an extra large version of the standard Mustang Tile Levelling System clips, designed for tiles that are 18mm to 30mm in thickness such as external porcelain pavers and natural stone tiles.
The Mustang Plus Tile Levelling Clips are designed to be fitted in a grout joint between two tiles, and embedded into the adhesive bed beneath. The Mustang Plus Tile Levelling Clips use the same plastic wedges as the standard Mustang Tile Levelling System. The plastic wedge is driven by the specially designed Mustang pliers into the aperture in the centre of the clip until it sits flush on the surface of both tiles, so that they are both level. Once the tiles have set, the clip is easily broken off, leaving only its base bedded in the adhesive under the two tiles. These wedges are fully re-useable, which saves costs on further jobs, as you only need to buy clips.
The Mustang Plus Tile Levelling Clips are available in 3 thicknesses to control the width of the grout joint: 1mm, 2mm and 3mm.
How to use the Mustang Plus Tile Levelling Clips:
Setting the base clips:
- Insert the Mustang Plus Tile Levelling Clips underneath the exposed edges of the tiles.
- Dependant on tile size, set one or more clips on each side of the tile.
- Place the adjacent tile into place on top of the recently placed clips.
- Set the tile down and lightly beat it into place with a rubber mallet.
Inserting the wedges:
- Insert the narrow end of the wedge into the Mustang Plus Tile Levelling Clip.
- The wedge will click into place and secure itself onto the ridges along the top face.
- The wedge and base clip should now be in place.
Using the application tool:
- You can now level the tile using the application tool.
- Adjust the amount of torque pressure on the front and top of the application tool.
- Place the tool over the wedge and base clip as shown in the diagram above.
- Apply pressure to tighten the wedge and base clip together and level the tile.
- Once set, remove the clips and wedges with a rubber mallet or by kicking them out with your feet.