BAL Micromax2 Grout is a rapid-setting, highly flexible, water/frost-resistant cementitious tile grout with built-in Microban® antimicrobial protection for walls and floors. It is suitable for grouting porcelain, glazed and fully vitrified, glass and ceramic mosaics, marble and natural stone in dry and wet interior and exterior environments.
BAL Micromax2 Grout sets in 2-3 hours (at 20°c) and has a pot life of 30 minutes (at 20°c). BAL Micromax2 Grout features efflorescence-free formulation, which minimises risk of patchy discolouration. Also Water/frost-resistant with a built-in admixture for increased flexibility and enhanced durability, and ensures a clean, even finish for grout joints.
BAL Micromax2 Grout is suitable for grouting joint widths from 1mm to 20mm, and is recommended for use in power showers, wet rooms, heated floors and timber floors. Application areas include areas such as Leisure Centres, Bathrooms, Changing Rooms, Restaurants/Food Consumption Areas, Domestic Kitchens, Shopping Malls.
Please Note: NOT SUITABLE FOR: Swimming pools, Food Preparation Areas, Spas, Jacuzzis, Chemical Plants, Power Showers with body jets and areas requiring waterproof grouting. For these areas we recommend using a BAL Epoxy Grout.
BAL Micromax2 Grout can be used on single layer timber floors by adding 2 parts water to 1 part BAL Admix GT1 by volume. For overlaid timber floors, i.e. minimum 15mm thick plywood or minimum 10mm thick tile backing boards the addition of BAL Admix GT1 is not required. When grouting soft glazed wall tiles or tiles with a metal décor or lustre, care should be taken to ensure they are not damaged/ scratched. If there is any doubt, a test area should be grouted first in an inconspicuous area.
BAL Micromax2 Grout features Microban® antimicrobial protection, that inhibits growth of bacteria (e.g. Listeria, Salmonella, E-Coli) and black mould. It provides added hygiene protection for bathrooms, showers and food consumption areas.
BAL Micromax2 Grout is classified as BS EN 13888 CG2WA – Cementitious Grout with Improved / Additional Characteristics, Reduced Water Absorption and High Abrasion Resistance.
BAL Micromax2 Grout is available in 2.5kg, 5kg and 10kg bags, in the following colours: Snow, White, Jasmine, Manilla, Pebble, Walnut, Hazel, Mahogany, Gunmetal, Smoke, Dovetail, Tornado Sky, Taupe Grey, Storm Grey, Anthracite, Ebony, Cornflower White, Peppermint, Pink Champagne, and Primrose. (Note: certain sizes may not be available for all colours) You can view the colour chart on the gallery above or via the link at the bottom of this page.
BAL Micromax Silicone Sealant is also available to match in 16 of the most popular colours.
Before grouting, ensure that:
1. Tile adhesive has fully set, as indicated on adhesive packaging or BAL Technical Data Sheet.
2. Open joints clear from excess adhesive and are protected from contamination – and are clean, dry and free from loose debris.
3. Be consistent with the amount of clean cold water used with the cement based grout from mix to mix when grout larger areas.
4. Lighting conditions during the installation of tile fixing and grouting should not be ‘Appreciably different’ from the final (Permanent) lighting. Where possible, check the grout colour with the final lighting conditions.
5. Check colour consistency when using the same grout when applied between different tile types i.e. porous bodied or porous stone tiles vs. porcelain or denser stone. IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT use BAL Micromax2 Grout in temperatures below 5°C or in damp conditions.
If grouting porous tiles in temperatures above 25°C, dampen joints with clean water prior to grouting.
If grouting with BAL Micromax2 Grout externally, provide protection against inclement weather during grouting and for as long as possible afterwards.
If grouting shower installation, this grout is water resistant but NOT impervious to water and not a substitute for waterproof systems.
– Provide waterproof tanking protection for tiling background substrates, particularly plaster or plasterboard (e.g. by using BAL Tank It Waterproofing System or BAL Waterproofing Kit For Showers).
– Ensure tiles are fixed with a solid bed with a water resistant adhesive (e.g. BAL White Star Plus, BAL Grip Plus, BAL Max Flex Fibre or BAL Single Part Flexible).