BAL External Terrace Grout is a water and frost-resistant highly polymer-modified cementitious grout engineered for grouting joints between natural stone and porcelain tiles in external areas.
BAL External Terrace Grout is designed to be used for grouting external porcelain, pavers and natural stone in dry and wet exterior environments, with a maximum grout joint width of 15mm. It is suitable for use on applications such as patios, terraces and paths. BAL External Terrace Grout is NOT suitable for use with swimming pools.
BAL External Terrace Grout is available in 4 colours: Charcoal (black), Light Grey, Dark Grey and Beige. All colours come in 10kg bags.
- Mixes quickly on-site with water
- Smooth, hard-wearing finish
- Frost resistant
- Joint widths up to 15mm
- Exceptional bond strength and flexibility
Approximately 0.5kg of grout will be required per m² for 600mmx600mmx20mm tiles fixed with 5mm joints.
Before grouting, ensure that:
1. The BAL External Bedding Mortar for fixing tiles has fully set, as per the guidance on the mortar packaging.
2. Open joints are protected from contamination – and are clean, dry and free from loose debris.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Use at temperatures above 5°C and rising.
Provide protection against inclement weather during grouting and for as long as possible afterwards. Be consistent with the amount of clean cold water used with BAL External Terrace Grout from mix to mix when grout larger areas. If grouting porous tiles in temperatures above 25°C, dampen joints with clean water prior to grouting.
1. Add 10kg powder to approximately 2.3 litres of water. Slowly add the powder to clean, cold water and mix thoroughly until a smooth paste is obtained.
2. Only mix enough grout for 45 minutes working time (at 20°C).
3. No further water should be added to the original mix.
NOTE: If using electric drill mixer, blend at slow speed (i.e. under 300rpm)
NOTE: Working time/setting time will vary slightly with temperature: higher temperature = shorter, lower temperature = longer.
1. Check potential staining risk: apply BAL External Terrace Grout to a few tiles in a small trial area. If discolouration occurs apply BAL Protective Sealer – and repeat trial.
2. Work in small areas with a suitable grout float or squeegee. Completely fill tile joints with mixed grout and compact well, removing excess grout from tile surface as work proceeds.
3. Wait until the BAL External Terrace Grout has started to firm up in the joints before cleaning the surface (approx. 15 minutes at 20°C).
4. Using a dampened sponge or sponge board, clean the surface diagonally to grout lines. Use as little water as possible to wash off the grout but rinse out sponge/sponge board frequently with clean water. If required, a suitable emulsifying pad may be used to loosen up and grout that has set on the tile surface, taking care not to damage grouted joints or tiles.
5. When the grout has set sufficiently within joints, give the surface a final wash with a dampened sponge and clean cold water. Polish tile surface with a dry, clean cloth.
6. Wait a minimum of 24 hours before subjecting tiles to normal service conditions. Protect the grout from rainfall until fully cured.
Mixing Powder:Water Ratio: 3.5:1
Pot Life at 20°C: 45 mins
Cure Time at 20°C: 24 hours
Specific Gravity: 1.5