Mapei Mapesil AC Silicone is a solvent-free, acetic crosslinking mildew-resistant silicone sealant with low modulus of elasticity, available in 42 colours and transparent, to match the range of Mapei Coloured Grouts.
Mapei Mapesil AC is available in the following colours, in 310ml tubes: 100 White, 103 Moon White, 110 Manhattan, 111 Silver Grey, 112 Medium Grey, 113 Cement Grey, 114 Anthracite, 115 River Grey, 116 Musk Grey, 119 London Grey, 120 Black, 130 Jasmine, 131 Vanilla, 132 Beige, 133 Sand, 134 Silk, 135 Golden Dust, 136 Mud, 137 Caribbean, 138 Almond, 139 Pink Powder, 141 Caramel, 142 Brown, 143 Terracotta, 144 Chocolate, 145 Terra Di Siena, 149 Volcano Sand, 150 Yellow, 152 Liquorice, 162 Violet, 170 Crocus Blue, 171 Turquoise, 172 Space Blue, 174 Tornado, 181 Jade Green, 299 Limestone, 316 White Sand, 317 Pebble, 318 Oyster, 319 Sand Storm, 320 Soft Stone, 321 Pearl, 999 Transparent.
Mapei Mapesil AC Silicone is suitable for sealing glass, ceramic and anodised aluminium. After first having used a bonding enhancer.
Mapei Mapesil AC Silicone is used for:
• Sealing expansion joints of ± 25% expansion of the initial size.
• Forming a perfectly elastic gasket between different elements in building, mechanical engineering, ship-building, automobile manufacturing, etc.
Some application examples:
• Sealing joints in wall and floor coverings of ceramic and cement, provided they are not subject to heavy abrasion.
• Sealing joints between sinks or sanitary ware and ceramic tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and showers with colours coordinated with the grouts.
• Sealing expansion joints in swimming pools.
• Assembling compositions of glass tiles and artistic stained glass windows.
• Sealing glazing of door and window frames.
• Sealing air ducts, water pipes.
• Sealing portholes, windows, glazed frames.
• Sealing tanks, service pipes and boilers.
• Sealing materials of different thermal exposure coefficient.
• Adhesive and sealant for general use.
Mapei Mapesil AC Silicone is a one component, acetic crosslinking, solvent-free silicone sealant, available coloured or transparent. Mapei Mapesil AC Silicone is a thixotropic paste which is easily trowellable both horizontally and vertically. Mapei Mapesil AC Silicone crosslinks following exposure to atmospheric humidity at ambient temperatures, and forms an elastic product with following properties:
• excellent durability. Seals remain unchanged even after many years exposure to climatic extremes, industrial pollution, sudden temperature changes and immersion in water;
• high elasticity;
• excellent bonding to glass, ceramic and anodised aluminium;
• mildew resistant;
• waterproof and permeable to vapour;
• resistant to chemical agents;
• flexible down to –40°C and resistant to temperatures at +180°C;
• easily workable;
• in compliance with ISO 11600 norm, it is classified as F-25-LM.
• in compliance with numerous international standards.
• in compliance with EN 15651-1, EN 15651-2, EN 15651-3 and CE-marking.
Colours & Coverage:
Mapei Mapesil AC Silicone is available in 42 colours from the “MAPEI COLOURED GROUTS” range plus transparent. Mapei Mapesil AC Silicone colours are a perfect match for Mapei Ultracolor Plus Grout colours.
Coverage of Mapei Mapesil AC Silicone varies depending on the width of the joints. Some examples of coverage for end joints and triangular joints are shown in the chart.
Application temperature range: from +5°C to +50°C
Extrusion speed from a 3.5 mm nozzle at a pressure of 0.5 N/mm² (g/minute): 120
Time for formation of skin (minutes): 10
Shrinkage during vulcanisation (%): 3.5
Speed of vulcanisation (mm): 4 in 1 day – 10 in 7 days