wedi Subliner Dry Waterproofing Membrane is a thin, crack-bridging and waterproof sealing sheet made from tear-resistant polyethylene film. It is used as a surface sealing sheet for wet areas that are heavily exposed to water such as showers, commercial bathrooms, kitchens & laundries and the borders of swimming pools.
wedi Subliner Dry Waterproofing Membrane is for use on walls and floors in indoor areas only. It offers excellent adhesion qualities thanks to the dual sided special fleece lamination.
wedi Subliner Dry Waterproofing Membrane measures 1 metre wide, 0.51mm thick and comes in rolls, in lengths of 5 or 30 metres.
wedi Subliner Dry Waterproofing Membrane Features:
- Water vapour retardant
- Flexible & crack-bridging
- High tear-resistance
- Alkaline resistant
- Quickly installed
- Easy to install
- Low overall height
- Can be used on hot-water underfloor heating
- Strong adhesion of wedi laying materials
- Chemical-resistance in accordance with DIN EN 1847
- Suitable for application on hot-water floor heating systems
- Suitable for application under electric floor heating systems
Laying Surface Requirements:
- Any absorbent, mineral surfaces must be primed. Smooth or non-absorbent surfaces that cannot be treated using surface treatment methods such as blasting, etc. must also be primed.
- For use on heated screeds, the applicable notices of the Federation of the German Construction Industry concerning floor coverings on heated floor constructions must be observed.
- Concrete and lightweight concrete must be at least 3 months old
- Residual moisture must not exceed the following values:
Cement screeds*: 3.5 %
Calcium sulphate screed: 0.5 %
Calcium sulphate screed, heated: 0.3 %
Gypsum-based plasters: 1.0 %
(measurement with CM instrument)
* The evenness of the surface must be guaranteed, do not lay on an undulating surface.
- The entire surfaces of the mastic asphalt screeds must be sanded down and have a minimum hardness class of EN 13813 IC10, IC15.
- Roll out the wedi Subliner Dry and cut to size using a Stanley knife or a scissors.
- Spread out an even thin layer of mortar on the laying surface using a notched trowel with teeth of either 4 or 6 mm length.
- Lay the wedi Subliner Dry with the printed side facing upwards and tap with either a rubber hammer or a wooden board.
- The sheets must be laid edge-to-edge or with overlapping edges (the sheets must overlap by 5 to 10 cm).
- The joints between the individual sheets are to be created using cement sealing slurries (wedi 520) and wedi sealing tape or apply the sealing slurries to the overlapping edge and press the second sheet onto it.
- Then press down on the joint and overlap area with a trowel or rubber roller.
- Remove any squeezed-out mortar and any enclosed air pockets. Avoid cross joints.
- Seal corner joints and floor connections using wedi sealing tape and cement sealing slurries (wedi 520). The sealing tape should be applied to the middle of the joint.
- In the area of the thin-bed floor drain, the sheet will be cut out in the area around the drain opening. The wedi Subliner Dry sealing sheet is to be glued in a waterproof manner along the entire flange area as far as the drain opening using wedi cement sealing slurries.
- The Subliner Dry is to be separated on top of the present expansion joints, structural separating joints and the edge connection joints and is to be attached to the joint connections using wedi sealing tape. In the case of load class C, the sealing tape is to be embedded using reaction resin adhesive and covered by spreading quartz sand over the area.
- Wall tiles can be applied immediately after the sheet has been secured in place with the adhesive. The adhesive needs to be have completely hardened on floors underneath the sheet because uneven areas can occur when walked upon.
- When laying the tiles, hydraulic quick-drying thin-bed mortar is applied to the wedi Subliner Dry and the tiles are embedded almost completely in the mortar. In the case of coverings that are subject to exposure to chemicals, suitable reaction resin adhesive and joint mortar are to be used.
Material basis: Dual-sided special fleece lamination polyethylene film
Sealing sheet colour: grey
Sealing sheet width: 1 m
Sealing sheet length: 5 m, 30 m
Sealing sheet thickness: 0.51 mm
Weight: 298 g/m2
Processing temperature: +5°C to +30°C
Temperature resistance: -30°C to +90°C
Waterproofness: Please see General Building Certificate (abP)
Equivalent air layer thickness (sd): ca. 85 m
Fire behaviour EN 13501: E
Watertightness according to DIN EN 1928: >= 1.5 bar