Schluter SHELF W is a range of rectangular shelves for wall surfaces. Their trapezoid perforated anchoring legs are integrated into the tile assembly during tile installation. They are suitable as shelves in shower areas, but can also be integrated into other tiled areas, e.g. into tiled kitchens.
Schluter SHELF W is available in two style designs: FLORAL and CURVE, in 4 different finishes: brushed stainless steel, or aluminium with the true-to-touch TRENDLINE textured finish in 3 different colours – Ivory (TSI), Stone Grey (TSSG), and Dark Anthracite (TSDA).
Install only in conjunction with the tile.
1. Since the 4 mm material thickness of the shelf is usually larger than the tile joint, an opening must be created in the tile to allow the shelf to fit. To ensure a uniform joint appearance, we recommend creating this opening in the tile below the shelf.
2. Install the tiles to the height where the Schluter SHELF W is to be placed. Insert the 1 mm anchoring leg of the shelf into the adhesive layer of the newly installed tile. It is recommended to support the shelf until the tile adhesive has cured.
3. Now continue the tile installation in the place where the upper anchoring leg is positioned.
4. Once the grout material has set, apply a silicone bead around the shelf on all sides.
5. Observe the curing time of the silicone bead before using the shelf.
The Schluter SHELF W made of brushed stainless steel V2A (material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304). Stainless steel is particularly well suited for applications that, in addition to high mechanical stresses, require resistance to chemicals such as acidic or alkaline substances or cleaning agents. Even stainless steel is not resistant to all chemical stresses, and may be affected by, e.g., hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations. In certain cases, that also applies to seawater pools. Special anticipated stresses should therefore be verified in advance.
The Schluter SHELF W made from textured coated aluminium features surfaces with a natural appearance. The aluminium is pre-treated (chrome-plated) and has a polyurethane powder coating. The colour-stable coating is UV and weather-resistant. Visible edges should be protected against abrasion.