The Schluter KERDI LINE V/VS/VOS Linear Drains are a component linear drainage system with a vertical trap for the construction of floor level showers with ceramic tiles, natural stone, or other coatings. They consist of a deep-drawn stainless steel channel body as well as a grate and frame top section that can be seamlessly adjusted to the thickness of the covering with the help of the installation aid included in the set.
The difference between the V/VS/VOS variants is as follows:
- The Schluter KERDI LINE V Linear Drain features a vertical drain with an integrated odour trap, and a centrally-located DN50 outlet fitting. Available in channel lengths from 500mm to 1800mm, in 100mm increments.
- The Schluter KERDI LINE VS Linear Drain has no odour trap and has a centrally-located DN50 outlet fitting. Available in channel lengths from 500mm to 1800mm, in 100mm increments.
- The Schluter KERDI LINE VOS Linear Drain has no odour trap and features an off-centre DN50 outlet fitting. Available in channel lengths from 700mm to 1200mm, in 100mm increments.
All variants can be positioned at intermediate or perimeter locations in the floor.
The channel length value refers to the internal size of the channel trap – the external length of the body is 50mm more for each size, due to the 25mm flange that runs round the entire top edge of the channel body. This flange comes pre-adhered with a sealing collar made of Schluter KERDI 200 Membrane. It ensures the reliable connection of the channel body to the bonded waterproofing assembly, both in the floor area and on upright walls. It can be universally used for intermediate installation in floor or at wall areas.
The Schluter KERDI LINE V/VS/VOS Linear Drains are designed to be combined with the KERDI LINE Standard, KERDI LINE STYLE Contour Grate/Frame Sets and the KERDI LINE D frameless tile cover support, which are purchased separately.
When the Schluter KERDI LINE V/VS/VOS Linear Drain is used in conjunction with the waterproofing systems Schluter KERDI 200 Membrane, Schluter DITRA 25 Matting, Schluter DITRA HEAT Matting or Schluter KERDI BOARD and the associated system sealing adhesives Schluter KERDI COLL L or Schluter KERDI FIX, this results in certified bonded waterproofing assemblies with a connected linear drainage.
The Schluter KERDI LINE V/VS/VOS Linear Drains can also be used with the Schluter pre-formed sloped linear shower trays – Schluter KERDI SHOWER LT/LTS Shower Trays.
The Schluter KERDI LINE V/VS/VOS Linear Drain channel bodies with lengths up to 1200 mm are made of formed stainless steel V4A (material no. 1.44404 = AISI 316L). For lengths of 1300 mm to 1800mm, they are made of angled and welded stainless steel V4A (material no. 1.44404 = AISI 316L). The channel bodies feature an adhesive flange with a factory-attached Schluter KERDI collar on the surface. This is a soft polyethylene waterproofing membrane with fleece fabric laminated on both sides. Depending on the type, drain bodies are made of high-impact polypropylene (PP) or acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS). The odour trap is made of fibre-reinforced polypropylene (PP).
Schluter KERDI LINE V/VS/VOS Linear Drain Installation:
- The channel support is installed on a level substrate with the appropriate height. To offset uneven sections or for height adjustment, the channel support may also be precisely aligned on a layer of levelling screed. For wall installation, the channel body must be aligned in accordance with the thickness of the wall covering. For intermediate installation, use the supplied filling strip to create symmetrical dimension for the channel support. Note: To improve sound insulation in shower areas, install the insulating membrane Schlüter KERDI LINE SR and place a perimeter insulation strip along the edge area. Install the sound insulation membranes loosely on the level, solid ceiling with abutting seams. The printed side must be facing up. To avoid sound bridges, the seams can be covered with the seaming tape Schlüter DITRA SOUND KB. See planning basis for installation details of certified system assemblies.
- Fit the channel body into the channel support together with a custom cut drain pipe for connecting to the drainage system of the building. Perform a leak test.
- Next abut the sloped tray Schlüter KERDI SHOWER L to the precisely installed Schluter KERDI LINE V drainage channel at the correct height, flush with the upper edge of the channel support (See Product Data Sheet). As an alternative, you can also install a sloped screed at the correct height that is flush with the upper edge of the channel support.
- To integrate the Schluter KERDI collar, apply the sealing adhesive Schluter KERDI COLL L to the adjoining waterproofing assembly with a 3 x 3 mm or 4 x 4 mm notched trowel and completely embed the Schluter KERDI collar in this assembly. Observe the curing times of all materials. Use Schluter KERDI COLL L to tightly seal the wall connections with Schluter KERDI KEBA.