The Schluter KERDI LINE F Linear Drain is a component linear drainage system for the construction of floor level showers with ceramic tiles, natural stone, or other coatings. It consists of a deep-drawn stainless steel channel body as well as a grate and frame top section that can be seamlessly adjusted to the thickness of the covering with the help of the installation aid included in the set.
The Schluter KERDI LINE F Linear Drain features a horizontal drain toward the front, equipped with an odour trap that is integrated into the drain. The height of channel support is 60mm. The outlet is a DN40 fitting – (40mm). This drain is particularly suited to restoration and modernisation projects due to the low 60mm assembly height.
The Schluter KERDI LINE F Linear Drain is available in lengths from 500mm to 1200mm, in 100mm increments. This length value refers to the internal size of the channel trap – the external length of the body is 50mm more for each size, due to the 25mm flange that runs round the entire top edge of the channel body. This flange comes pre-adhered with a sealing collar made of Schluter KERDI 200 Membrane. It ensures the reliable connection of the channel body to the bonded waterproofing assembly, both in the floor area and on upright walls. It can be universally used for intermediate installation in floor or at wall areas.
The Schluter KERDI LINE F Linear Drain is designed to be combined with the KERDI LINE Standard, KERDI LINE STYLE Contour Grate/Frame Sets and the KERDI LINE D frameless tile cover support, which are purchased separately.
When the Schluter KERDI LINE F Linear Drain is used in conjunction with the waterproofing systems Schluter KERDI 200 Membrane, Schluter DITRA 25 Matting, Schluter DITRA HEAT Matting or Schluter KERDI BOARD and the associated system sealing adhesives Schluter KERDI COLL L or Schluter KERDI FIX, this results in certified bonded waterproofing assemblies with a connected linear drainage.
The Schluter KERDI LINE F Linear Drain channel bodies with lengths up to 1200 mm are made of formed stainless steel V4A (material no. 1.44404 = AISI 316L). The channel bodies feature an adhesive flange with a factory-attached Schluter KERDI collar on the surface. This is a soft polyethylene waterproofing membrane with fleece fabric laminated on both sides. Depending on the type, drain bodies are made of high-impact polypropylene (PP) or acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS). The odour trap is made of fibre-reinforced polypropylene (PP).
Schluter KERDI LINE F Linear Drain Installation:
- Place the supplied gasket on the outlet of the channel body (note position).
- Now attach the drain body in place, by pushing onto the gasket.
- Apply thin-bed adhesive on the even and level substrate and set the channel support in place. To offset uneven sections or for height adjustment, the channel support may also be installed and aligned over several, sufficiently spaced spots of adhesive or on a full layer of leveling screed.
For perimeter wall installation, the channel body must be aligned in accordance with the thickness of the wall covering. For intermediate installation, use the supplied filling strip to create symmetrical dimensions for the channel support.
- Now connect the drain body to the buildings drain system. Adjust the channel body with a spirit level and check for leaks.
- Install the sloped screed (2%) of the shower area against the precisely installed and levelled Schluter KERDI LINE F drain.
Schlüter BEKOTEC DPS Dry Pack screed can be used for creating the sloped screed requirements.
- Once the screed is ready to bear weight, solidly embed Schluter DITRA 25 on the screed area with thin-bed tile adhesive (recommended notched trowel size 3 x 3 mm or 4 x 4 mm). The tile format for installation over Schluter DITRA 25 must be at least 5 x 5 cm.
- To adhere the Schluter KERDI collar, apply the sealing adhesive Schluter KERDI COLL L to the adjoining waterproofing assembly with a 3 x 3 mm or 4 x 4 mm notched trowel and completely embed the Schluter KERDI collar in this assembly, observing the curing times of all materials. Use Schluter KERDI COLL L to create tightly sealed wall connections with the Schluter KERDI KEBA sealing band.