The Schluter KERDI LINE D Tileable Cover is a frameless, tileable cover for use with the Schluter KERDI LINE range of linear channel drain traps. It features a fleece fabric section for attaching a tile using a suitable tile adhesive and is universally suitable for all tile thicknesses. Creates a truly seamless look to your linear shower drain.
The Schluter KERDI LINE D Tileable Cover is available in lengths from 500mm to 1800mm, in 100mm increments – to suit the Schluter KERDI LINE range of drain channel drains – H, H50 G2, F, V/VS/ VOS, V50 G2. Please note that it is not suitable for the off-centre drainage trap KERDI LINE VOS, or the KERDI LINE G3 Low Height Linear Drain. (Please use the KERDI LINE DG3 Channel Support for the G3 Drain).
Also available is the standard Schluter KERDI LINE A/B/C range of grate/frame sets and the Schuter KERDI LINE STYLE range – slim contour frames with elegant design covers.
Installation of Schluter KERDI LINE D frameless covering support:
1. For wall installation, remove the protective foil of the cover strip as shown, and adhere the unit facing the wall.
2. Now place to spacers into the channel body ….
3. … and connect it flush with the covering of the shower area. Remove any excess thin-bed adhesive and completely close any exposed areas in the adhesive bed (see note).
4. In wall installation, the width (W) of the covering equals the clear distance from the wall to the inside edge of the spacer less 1 mm. For centre installation, the width of the covering equals the inside dimension of the spacer (= 50 mm). On the front sides, the cover may be adjusted to the joint width of the overall covering or be installed as a circumferential drainage gap if applicable.
5. Once the covering has cured, remove the spacers and apply thin-bed adhesive to the covering support.
6. Adhere and align the covering. Leave the area of the covering support open when applying grout. Note: Fully remove excess thin-bed adhesive or completely close any exposed areas in the adhesive bed.