Marmox Multibond Sealant & Adhesive is a high performance, professional quality, easy to use sealant and adhesive. Based on an innovative new Inert Polymer Technology (IPT) it is suitable for a wide variety of building trade applications. Including decorating, flooring, joinery, plumbing, tiling, fire and sound sealing around windows and doors.
Marmox Multibond out-performs conventional sanitary silicones, butyl & acrylic based products as a sealant and adhesive – the only sealant free from dangerous emissions.
Marmox Multibond Sealant & Adhesive is based on IPT which is a non-reactive environmentally friendly chemistry that ensures compatibility with most building materials and has the unique property of moving dynamically to accommodate the natural or unexpected movements of sealed/bonded joints within a building, for long-lasting performance.
Marmox Multibond Sealant & Adhesive eliminates the selection choices that need to be made with conventional sealants and adhesives. Choosing a product for a building application can be confusing especially as there are a wide number of products available and within those products a variety of grades, with variations in properties to suit the substrate or application.
Marmox Multibond Sealant & Adhesive overcomes this by offering the tradesman one solution for all internal building applications.
- Marmox Multibond is suitable for interior use only
- White in colour
- Primerless adhesion
- 25 year mold free guarantee
- Excellent adhesion to most substrates
- Dynamic for low and high modulus applications
- Fast cure – max bond strength is attained in 24 hours
- 3D joint movement capability minimum 25%
- Can be used for all applications internally
- Fire rated up to 4 hours both integrity and insulation
- Resistant against radon (radioactive particles)
- Recommended for use in joints up to 20mm wide, larger joints widths can be accommodated
- Excellent slump resistance
- Marmox Multibond uses the only sealant technology available that is VOC free
- Resistant to mold and mildew
- Low dirt pick up
- Non staining of susceptible surfaces
- Easy to apply and tool
- Excess can be wiped before curing with a damp cloth
- Low shrinkage
- Does not yellow
- Compatible with a wide range of substrates
Marmox Multibond Sealant & Adhesive is suitable for use with all Marmox products, eg. Multiboard, Tilebacker, Showerlay, etc., as well as: Polystyrene, Masonry, Plaster, Stone, Ceramics, Wood, Plastics, Metals.
Form: Ready to use thixotropic paste
Specific gravity: 1,54 g/cm3
VOC: 0 g/l
Durability w/ageing: Type X (UV / water) (pass)
Chemical resist. Test passed (resistant)
Salt water immersion: Test passed (resistant)
Microbiologic growth: 0 (no growth)
Hardness: Shore A 47
Tensile properties: 3.79 MPa (379 N/mm2)
Tensile elongation: 270%
3D-tensile prop.: 0,24 MPa (24 N/cm2)
3D-tensile elong.: 106%
Tear properties: 50%
Compression resist: 434 N / 1569 MPa
Radon resistance: 1.5mm thickness gives Z = 2.9 O 108 s/m
Reaction to fire: Classification D-s2, d0
Fire resistance Up to class EI 240
Tack free time: 60 minutes maximum
Skin time: 30 minutes maximum
Rate of cure: 10% at 24 hours
Solids content: > 80%
Resistance to flow: < 0.5 mm
Shelf life: Up to 24 months when stored in
unopened cartridges under cool dry
conditions and 6 months in opened
and resealed cartridges. Avoid
temperatures above 35°C & below 5°C
Frost: Uncured sealant should not be frozen.
Thermal Conductivity (to EN 12667). 0,845 W/mK (+/- 3%) at 20mm depth
Compatibility: Can be used in contact with most building and decorating materials.
Service Temp: 40°C to +75°C
Classification Facade (interior) 25LM Sanitary joints XS1
Packaging: 300ml cartridge