Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus is a hard set, highly shear resistant, wet-bed dispersion adhesive, specific for PVC and rubber floorings and wall coverings on absorbent substrates. Available in 5kg and 15kg tubs.
Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus is particularly suitable for fixing decoupling membranes, such as Schluter Ditra Matting and Dural Durabase CI Matting. Use with an Ardex B1 2mm V-notch Trowel for optimum coverage/bonding performance.
Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus is a universal, high temperature solvent-free, non-staining acrylic adhesive in water dispersion, formulated in an easily trowellable paste. It has very low emissions of volatile organic compounds (EMICODE EC 1). Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus is non-flammable and contains no toxic substances; it can therefore be stored without special precautions and presents no health hazard during use.
Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus is suitable for use on floors and walls in interior applications, on level and absorbent surfaces, underfloor heating systems. It can be used for static and dynamic loads, including intense load, in residential, commercial and industrial sectors (e.g. in hospitals, shopping centres, airports, etc.) and stresses from chair castors according to EN 12529.
Use Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus for bonding:
- Sheet and tile rubber flooring with smooth or textured surfaces;
- Homogeneous and heterogeneous PVC floor coverings, sheets and tiles;
- CV and multilayer PVC floor coverings;
- LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tiles).
Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus is also suitable as universal adhesive for bonding:
- Textile floor coverings with all common backings (latex-primed, PVC and polyurethane foam, natural jute and Action-Bac® backed carpets, etc.);
- Needle-punch woven flooring also in latex;
- Flocked flooring;
- Semi-flexible vinyl floor tiles (VCT);
- Linoleum with natural jute backing;
- Polyurethane, polyolefin and synthetic back linoleum flooring;
- Polyolefin-based and chlorine-free floor coverings;
- PUR floor coverings;
- PVC and rubber wall coverings.
Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus is a solvent free, acrylic adhesive in water dispersion, formulated in a ready to use light beige paste. Characterised by a fast and strong initial grab and a rapid set, as well as a rigid and cohesive final film, it gives the floor coverings a very good dimensional stability.
– very easy to apply;
– little to no waiting time;
– excellent wetting even with difficult covering;
– rapid set development;
– very good peel strength;
– highly shear resistant;
– very good dimensional stability;
– prevents open joints;
– exposure to castor wheels in accordance with DIN EN 12529;
– solvent free;
– EMICODE EC1 Plus (very low emission);
– Blauer Engel – RAL UZ 113;
– harmless to the health of the installer and the end-user.
- Install Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus in recommended temperatures, normally between +15°C and +35°C.
- Do not install Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus on substrates not protected from rising damp.
- Use Adesilex G19 or Adesilex G20 in the event of extreme temperatures due to solar radiation, intense mechanical stress by lift truck, forklift, etc. or frequent rinsing (in particular when the floor coverings are not welded or sealed).
- In case of multilayer cork planks with PVC backing, use Ultrabond Eco 310.
Application Procedure for Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus:
- Preparation of the substrate: Substrates must be dry, absorbent, level, sound, mechanically strong, free of dust, loose particles, cracks, paints, wax, oil, rust, traces of gypsum or other products that can interfere with bonding. On non-absorbent substrates, apply a smoothing compound to a minimum thickness of 2 mm.
The moisture content must comply with the local regulations. It is essential to make sure there is no rising damp present. Unbonded screeds laid over lightweight concrete or over insulation and screeds laid directly onto earth must be separated by a vapour barrier.
- Acclimatisation: Before starting the installation, make sure that the floor or wall covering and the substrate are acclimatised to the recommended temperatures and R.H.
- Spreading the adhesive: Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus is ready to use and does not need any preparation. Before using, stir the adhesive in the bucket. Apply a suitable quantity of adhesive to the substrate with a suitable notched trowel. When installing thin wall coverings, a long nap roller may be used as an alternative (ensure the wetting of the backing material).
- Installing the flooring:
Follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Leave enough waiting time depending on the application quantity, climatic conditions, substrate absorbency and type of covering. Only apply as much adhesive as can be covered within the open time and with good transfer to the backing of the covering. Lay the floor covering whilst still wet: the adhesive ridges has to be impressed. Take care to avoid air pockets and carefully rub the floor covering down to ensure good adhesive transfer to the backing. Avoid excessive stress at the seams. After some minutes installing the floor covering, it is always necessary to carefully roll it down again or to firmly rub it down.
Note: waiting and open time may vary depending on temperature, relative humidity and absorbency of the substrate. They will be shorter at higher temperatures and lower humidity, but longer at lower temperatures, higher humidity and with low absorbent substrates.
Consistency: creamy paste
Density (g/cm³): 1.25
Application temperature range: from +15°C to +35°C
Waiting time: 5-10 minutes
Open time: 20-30 minutes
Set to light foot traffic: 3-5 hours
Ready for use: 24-48 hours
Consumption of Mapei Ultrabond Eco VS90 Plus varies with uniformity of substrate, the back of the flooring and type of trowel used.
MAPEI trowel no. 1: approx. 250-300 g/m²
MAPEI trowel no. 2: approx. 350-450 g/m²
Roller: approx. 200 g/m²
Notch TKB A1/A2: approx. 200-300 g/m²
Notch TKB B1: approx. 300-350 g/m²
Notch TKB B2: approx. 350-450 g/m²