Mapei MapeGrip D2 Tile Adhesive is a ready-for-use water resistant paste tile adhesive for ceramic tiles. Comes in 15kg tubs.
Mapei MapeGrip D2 is a water-dispersion adhesive based on acrylic resins, fine-graded mineral fillers and additives. It is ready-to-use: a viscous paste but easily trowellable on vertical surfaces. Once fixed, the tiles adhere immediately, thanks to the excellent initial grab.
Mapei MapeGrip D2 sets by means of the evaporation of the water it contains, until it forms an extremely strong bond that resists all the normal vibrations to which building materials are subject. It is water resistant for application on walls in showers and bathrooms.
Where to use:
• Mapei MapeGrip D2 can be used for indoor bonding of ceramic tiles and ceramic mosaics of every type on walls and also on slightly deformable substrates.
• It can also be used for spot-bonding insulating materials such as expanded polystyrene and polyurethane, rock and glass wool, wood-cement panels, foamed-concrete elements, sound deadening panels, etc.
Some application examples:
• Absorbent tiles on cast concrete walls.
• Tiles on gypsum-plasters, sprayed gypsum and prefabricated panels.
• Tiles on gypsum-board walls.
• Absorbent tiles on painted walls.
• Absorbent tiles on old tiles.
• Large size tiles on walls.
• Installation of insulating panels on plaster.
• Installation of expanded polystyrene ceilings.
• Use only for internal application.
• Dispersion adhesives are not suitable for applications in continuous immersion in water (swimming pools, fountains, etc.). [sche1] 2702 Inglese – 1 (Mapei MapeGrip D2) (30.07.2004 – 5ª Bozza Corr. Ciano Digitale/Pell.) Mapei MapeGrip D2 IN COMPLIANCE WITH EUROPEAN STANDARDS DISPERSION ADHESIVE FOR CERAMIC TILES EN 12004
• Do not use on metal surfaces and to lay non-absorbent tiles onto nonabsorbent substrates.
• Do not use for the installation of natural stones, especially light coloured calcareous stone (e.g. Carrara marble).
• Contact MAPEI Technical Department for recommendations for fixing to other substrates.
Bonding ceramic mosaics: 1.5 kg/m2 (trowel no. 4)
15×15 cm tiles on normal rendering: 2.5 kg/m2 (trowel no. 5)
15×15 cm tiles on gypsum or very smooth surfaces: 1.8 kg/m2 (trowel no. 4)
Bonding insulating materials Spot-bonding foam materials: 0.5-0.8 kg/m2
Bonding foamed concrete elements: 1.5 kg/m2
Full bonding on rough surfaces: 2.5 kg/m2
Consistence: thick paste
Colour: off white
Density (g/cm³): 1.60
Dry solid content (%): 78
Brookfield viscosity (mPa·s): approx. 900000 ± 50000
Application temperature range: from +5°C to +35°C
Open time (according to EN 1346): 20-35 minutes
Adjustability time: 40 minutes
Grouting: after 12 hours
Ready for use: after 7-14 days depending on the absorption of the surface.