Mapei MapeGrip D1 Tile Adhesive is a hi-grab ready-to-use paste tile adhesive for ceramic tiles. Comes in 15kg tubs.
Mapei MapeGrip D1 is an adhesive in water dispersion based on synthetic resins, selectively graded minerals and various additives.
Mapei MapeGrip D1 Tile Adhesive is a ready-to-use creamy paste that is easily trowelled with good high initial grab and thixotropic properties for installing wall tiles without slippage. When set, it has high bond strength and is sufficiently deformable for moderate vibration and deformation of building materials.
Mapei MapeGrip D1 is for the bonding of all types of ceramic and mosaic tiles on interior walls.
Mapei Mapegrip D1 is for installation of ceramic and mosaic tiles over gypsum plaster, gypsum block walls, gypsum backerboard, cement-based renders, cured reinforced concrete walls and tile backer boards.
• Use only for internal applications. This adhesive is not for use in external applications.
• Dispersion adhesives are not suitable for applications in continuous immersion in water (swimming pools, fountains, etc.).
• Either the tile or substrate must be absorbent.
• Contact Mapei Technical Department for recommendations for fixing to other substrate materials.
• Do not use Mapei MapeGrip D1 to install natural stone, especially light coloured calcareous stone (e.g. Carrara marble).
• Do not use Mapei MapeGrip D1 on metal substrates.
For Bonding of ceramic tiles, Mosaic tiles 1.5 kg/m2 (n. 4 trowel)
Tiles 15×15 over normal renders 2.5 kg/m2 (n. 5 trowel)
Consistence: thick paste
Colour: light beige
Density (g/cm³): 1.60
Dry solid content (%): 72 ± 1
Brookfield viscosity (mPa·s): 1000 ± 50
Application temperature range: from +5°C to +35°C
Open time: approx. 20 minutes
Adjustability time: up to 30 minutes
Grouting: after 12 hours
Ready for use: approx. 7 days depending on the absorption of the substrate and temperature.