Mapei Mapeband PE120 is a PVC tape for waterproofing systems created using liquid membranes. It is made from polyester mesh and PVC fabric which is impermeable to water and vapour.
Mapei Mapeband PE120 is for use on:
• Waterproofing corners between adjacent walls and between walls and floors to be treated with Mapei Mapegum WPS.
• Sealing pipe-work and drains in bathrooms, showers and kitchens with special Mapei Mapeband PE120 seals.
Mapei Mapeband PE120 is elastic and deformable and comes in rolls and special shapes for use on the internal and external edges of corners, and as seals for pipe-work in bathrooms, kitchens, showers etc. and drains.
• To get a perfect seal in corners, use the special pre-shaped pieces.
• To get a perfect seal around pipe-work, use the special outet seals.
Apply a thin layer at least 1 mm thick of Mapegum WPS to the sides of the corners and expansion joints to be waterproofed, then embed the mesh part of Mapei Mapeband PE120 tape or special shaped pieces (angle pieces and seals) in the layer of Mapegum WPS while it is still fresh with a smooth trowel.
Mapegum WPS must also come into contact with at least a few mm of the PVC part of the band.
Joints between adjacent pieces of Mapei Mapeband PE120 must be bonded using Mapei Adesilex T Super, solvent resin-based adhesive.
• 10 metre rolls, 120 mm wide.
• 90° and 270° angle pieces.
Thickness of tape (mm): approx. 0.70
Resistance to water under pressure (bar): 1.5
Elongation at break (according to ISO 527-1) (%): > 135
In service temperature range: from -5°C to +30°C
Chemical resistance for continuous containment of the following aggressive products (7 days at +23°C):
– hydrochloric acid (3%): good
– sulphuric acid (35%): good
– citric acid (100 g/l): good
– lactic acid (5%): good
– sodium hypochlorite (0.3 g/l): good
– salt water (20 g/l of sea salt): good