Mapei Adesilex P4 Tile Adhesive is a high performance, cementitious tile adhesive for ceramic tile and stone; smoothing compound for interiors and exteriors; mortar for brick and concrete block walls. Available only in Grey, in 20kg bags.
Mapei Adesilex P4 is an improved (C2) fast setting (F) cementitious tile adhesive classified as C2F. Mapei Adesilex P4 is CE marked, as declared in ITT certificate N° 25040260/Gi (TUM) issued by the Technische Universität München laboratory (Germany).
Mapei Adesilex P4 is suitable for use in all tile and stone flooring installations:
Mapei Adesilex P4 is suitable for floor bonding of all types of medium to large ceramic tiles, natural stone (if not sensitive to moisture or subject to surface efflorescence), terracotta, and terrazzo in interiors and exteriors.
Mapei Adesilex P4 Tile Adhesive is a grey powder composed of hydraulic binders and fine-graded minerals, containing high levels of synthetic resins and special additives developed in the MAPEI Research and Development Laboratories.
When mixed with water, Mapei Adesilex P4 becomes a mortar with the following properties:
• semi-fluid consistency – easy to trowel;
• 100% contact area is guaranteed. Mapei Adesilex P4 can be used for adhesive beds from 3 mm to 20 mm. Ideal for external installations and heavy traffic areas;
• able to accomodate irregularities in the substrate and tiles;
• powerful bond to most materials used in building;
• cures rapidly minimal shrinkage;
• water resistant, weatherproof and resistant to frost.
Mapei Adesilex P4 Tile Adhesive can be used for interior and exterior smoothing of most substrates generally used in building, provided they are clean, such as concrete slabs, cementitious screeds, and existing ceramic tile, terrazzo and natural stone floors.
Brick and concrete block walls:
Mapei Adesilex P4 can be used as expansive mortar for brick or concrete block walls.
Typical application examples:
• Full bed bonding of large format porcelain tiles on floors subject to heavy traffic, such as in offices, shopping malls, hospitals and schools.
• Bonding of natural stone and terrazzo, including large format.
• Fixing quarry tiles, klinker or single-fired tiles on terraces and balconies.
• Fixing ceramic tiles over underfloor heating installations.
• Laying ceramic tiles and natural stone on old floors (ceramic, natural stone, cement, terrazzo), provided they are solid and perfectly clean.
• Convenient levelling and localised smoothing with rapid curing properties prior to fixing ceramic tiles.
• For replacing filling voids left by defective tiles removed from existing tiled floors.
• Bonding of brick and concrete blocks for rapid wall construction.
– Medium size tiles on smooth surfaces (with no. 6 or no. 10 trowel): approx. 3-5 kg/m2.
– Large tiles or uneven surfaces (no. 10 trowel or Mapei Adesilex P4 trowel): approx. 5-10 kg/ m2.
Bulk mass density (kg/m³): 1300
Dry solids content (%): 100
EMICODE: EC1 R Plus – very low emission
Mix ratio: 19-21 parts water to 100 parts of Adesilex P4
Consistency of the mix: semi-fluid
Density of the mix (kg/m³): 1800
pH of the mix: 12
Pot life of the mix: 60 minutes
Application temperature range: from +5°C to +30°C
Open time: approx. 15 minutes
a) initial: 100 minutes
b) final: 150 minutes
Adjustability time: approx. 30 minutes
Set to light foot traffic: 4 hours
Grouting: 4 hours
Ready for use: 24 hours