Fila Matt is a natural-effect protective wax used for floor maintenance and a matt finish treatments of terracotta, quarry tiles, tumbled marble and natural stone floors. It is an ideal finishing coat for applications where water-proofing sealer has been used. Fila Matt can prevent flaking and strengthen the surface of internal walls made of bricks and natural stones, on decorative coverings made of gypsum, manufactured stone and concrete.
- Fila Matt provides a natural finish.
- Highly concentrated: Can be diluted to requirements.
- Fila Matt can be polished to achieve a satin finish.
- Has a high self-levelling capacity.
- Dirt and dust repellent.
Usage and application:
For the protection of floors and bare walls:
- Dilute Fila Matt slightly to lower the viscosity and make it easier to apply, by adding 200 ml of water per litre of product. On a clean and dry surface, apply one even coat of Fila Matt using fleece (wall brush). Wait until completely dry (about an hour) and then apply a second coat in the opposite direction to the first (i.e. horizontal if previously applied vertically or vice-versa). The floor can be walked on after one hour. For a greater sheen, buff with a floor polisher or a wool cloth. If treating terracotta or highly absorbent natural stone (limestone, sandstone, old quarries, rough quartzite), we recommend a base coat of a water-proofing product such as Fila FOB Xtreme.
- Restoring finish (every 2-3 months): after cleaning the surface with a diluted solution of Fila Cleaner Pro (1:200), apply Fila Matt diluting 500 ml of product in 5 litres of water. The floor can be walked on once it is dry.
- Restoring protection (once a year): apply slightly diluted wax (200 ml of water per litre of product) using a fleece pad, cloth or other applicator. The floor can be walked on once it is dry.
For Anti-flaking treatment:
- apply an even coat of undiluted Fila Matt to the dry floor using a paintbrush. The treated surface will be dry after approximately one hour.
Caution: Fila Matt can be removed by using the specific wax-remover for water-based waxes PS87 PRO. Not recommended for use on outdoor surfaces or in damp environments and where water remains (bathrooms, showers). The product can change the appearance of the material, first spot test a small area to check for any changes.
Approximate coverage (1 Litre):
- Terracotta – 30m²
- Stone – 30-40m²
This coverage is purely indicative and is only representative of a single coat. The actual coverage achieved in practice may be affected by other factors such as application technique and how absorbent the surface may be.