Everbuild 203 Accelerator and Frostproofer
Everbuild 203 Accelerator and Frostproofer is a chloride free liquid admixture for set acceleration and rapid hardening of cement based mortar, concrete, screeding and render. Everbuild 203 Accelerator and Frostproofer also provides frost protection in the wet mortar during the setting period; even in sub-zero temperatures (down to –8C). Everbuild 203 Accelerator and Frostproofer may also be used neat with cement as a plugging aid. Everbuild 203 Accelerator and Frostproofer is non-corrosive to metals so may be used with brick ties. Everbuild 203 Accelerator and Frostproofer Conforms to EN934-2 Table 7.
• Faster finishing times even in cold weather.
• Provides frost protection down to -8oC in wet mortar.
• Chloride free non corrosive formula.
• Optimises mould usage.
Areas For Use
• Floor screeds
• External/Internal cement based rendering
• Concrete (not structural)
• Suitable for use as an emergency repair plugging aid when mixed neat with cement.
• Do not overdose.
• Do not use weak mixes during cold weather.
• Do not mix with other additives in same gauging water.
• Dispose of this product and packaging correctly. Do not allow to enter watercourses.
• It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use. If in doubt, please contact Technical Services Department for further advice.
Work should be carried out in accordance with the methods outlined in the Code of Practice BS5628 Part 3 for protection and use of mortars at low temperatures. All materials used must be free from ice and the temperature of the mix prior to placing must not be less than 4C.
AS AN ACCELERATOR: Add to gauging water at an addition rate of 2.5 to 5 litres per 50kg cement depending on the degree of acceleration required. Note: remember to reduce required quantity of water accordingly.
AS A FROSTPROOFER: Add Everbuild 203 Accelerator and Frostproofer to gauging water at an addition rate of use 2.5ltrs/50kg cement for protection down to –4C and 5ltrs/50kg cement for protection down to –8C, again, reducing required quantity of water accordingly.
AS A PLUGGING AID: Mix Everbuild 203 Accelerator and Frostproofer neat with fresh cement and place immediately.
NOTE: Concrete must be covered after placing until the minimum strength is obtained or until the temperature rises above freezing. Do not use with high alumina cement. Following is an indication of setting times at 20C (use as a guide only)
Store in original unopened containers between 5 and 40oC.
36 months from date of manufacture in original unopened containers.
Click here to view this product on the Everbuild website.