Everbuild 201 Mortar Admix
Everbuild 201 Mortar Admix is an air entraining liquid plasticising admixture which forms extremely stable air bubbles in mortar mixes. Everbuild 201 Mortar Admix improves workability and freeze/thaw resistance in brick laying mortars, reduces the need for lime and smoothes out variations between separate batches of sand and cement. Everbuild 201 Mortar Admix Conforms to BSEN934- Part 3 (2009)
• Outperforms traditional Vinsol Resin Based plasticisers (See specific data)
• Contains a special additive which keeps air in the mix longer than most other competitive admixtures.
• Improves trowelability.
• Easier tamping down and alignment.
• Improves workability.
• Provides resistance to freeze/thaw cycling down to -2oC in both wet and dry mortar.
• Chloride free (chloride ion content <0.1%).
• Reduces bleeding.
• Replaces lime in mix, hence reduces possibility of lime bloom and efflorescence.
Areas For Use
Load bearing brickwork
• Do not use in structural concrete.
• Do not overdose.
• Do not mix with other additives in same gauging water.
• Do not use in lime based mixes
In all cases, add Everbuild 201 Mortar Admix to mix at an addition rate of 150ml to 250ml per 50kg cement , depending on the degree of plasticising/entrainment required. Note: remember to reduce required quantity of water accordingly. One litre of Everbuild 201 Mortar Admix added to a 200ltr drum of gauging water will be sufficient for gauging approx. 4 x 50kg cement for mortar or render mixes. Whilst overdosing should be avoided, this formulation does safeguard against moderate overdosing. (up to double the maximum rate).
The following are examples of modified mix designs.
1: 0.25 :3 cement : lime : sand. 1:1:6 cement : lime : sand.
use 1 : 3 cement : sand : + MORTAR ADMIX: use 1 : 6 cement : sand + Everbuild 201 Mortar Admix
BRICKLAYING/POINTING Use a mix design appropriate to brick strength (1 : 3 to 1 : 6).
INTERNAL RENDERS 1 : 6 + Everbuild 201 Mortar Admix
EXTERNAL RENDERS 1 : 3 + Everbuild 201 Mortar Admix
Appearance: Dark brown/red liquid with characteristic odour
Specific Gravity @ 20°C: 1.00
Freezing Point: -10°C approx
Chloride Ion Content: Nil
Usage: Using at an addition rate of 125 – 250cc per 50kg cement
Specification: BSEN934- Part 3
Vol Air Entrained: 14 -20%
Loss After 1 Hr Standing: Not reduced by more than 3% from vol. air entrained
Loss After Extra 15 Mins Mixing: Not reduced by more than 5% from vol. air entrained
Store in original unopened containers between 5 and 40oC.
Up to 2 years in unopened containers.
Click here to view this product on the Everbuild website.