Durabase CI++ Matting is a Dural Decoupling Matting that decouples the flooring from the foundations. Any small cracks can also be bridged so that they do not affect the tiling. This makes it ideal for renovation work.
Durabase CI++ Matting also allows water vapour pressure to be compensated for if there is residual moisture.
Durabase CI++ Matting is made of yellow polythene with a grid of texturing nodules and a supporting polypropylene fleece layer on the back. This combination means that it is resistant to most chemicals (e.g. salts, acids, alkalis, solvents and oils.
Construction optimised 3-layer structure:
Higher bending strength of the flooring construction – stable flooring.
Better adhesive bonding between the mat and the thin-bed mortar.
No roll-off effect – the tile adhesive does not roll off when it is spread across the dimpled structure.
Durabase CI++ Matting is highly resistant to mechanical loading.
Geometry of the dimples
Durabase CI++ Matting has shape optimised dimples that results in a significant reduction in the amount of adhesive required. This results in improved equalization of water vapour pressure and optimised adhesion.
Fleece fabric with active fibres
Durabase CI++ Matting has an active-fibre fleece that increases the adhesion surface area and guarantees optimal adhesive bonding between the mat and the subsurface.
The reinforced material of the fleece fabric minimises shear stresses.
- Freshly-laid mineral subfloors
- Cement screed
- Calcium sulphate screed
- Subfloors subject to plastic deformation
- Old synthetic flooring
- Mastic asphalt screed
- System floors
- Double floors
- Raised floors
- Outdoor flooring
- Problematic subfloors
- Cracked subfloors
- Mixed-material subfloors
- Wooden subfloors
- Heating screed
- Dry screed
- Metal subfloors
- Large-format tiles e.g. > 50 x 50 cm sufficiently thick and fracture resistant. No thin tiles – as these could break
Advantages for tile fitters and floor layers
- Bridges cracks and alleviates stress
- Functions as waterproofing in indoor applications
- Highly resistant to mechanical loading
- Faster laying, thanks to easier spreading of the adhesive
- Less adhesive is required, thanks to the optimized shape of the dimples
- Easy to handle and unroll – moulds itself to the floor (is not stiff)
- Improved transfer of loads, in line with DIN 1055-3
- Improves footfall sound insulation
In order to make fixing the matting a simple and easy installation please follow our 5 point guide:
1. Cut the matting to fit the subfloor your are covering
2. Adhere to the subfloor using a 4×4 mm notched trowel and a suitable tile adhesive. We recommend using the Ardex AF200 Uncoupling Matting Adhesive or Mapei Ultrabond VS90 Plus.
3. Press the fleece side of the Durabase CI++ Matting firmly into the adhesive bed
4. Trowel tile adhesive on top of the CI++ Matting to fill the wells
5. Lay the tiles