BAL Level Fast Levelling Compound is a fast-setting, high performance single part polymer-modified, shrinkage-compensated, protein-free, fibre cementitious leveller for floors. It sets in 30 minutes at 20°c, and can receive ceramic or natural stone tiles after 45 minutes at 20°C. Allow a minimum of 24 hours for wood flooring. It can be applied at depths from 2mm up to 30mm thickness in a single application.
BAL Level Fast Levelling Compound comes in 20kg bags. Pallet rates are also available – 50 x 20kg bags.
BAL Level Fast Levelling Compound is used for fast laying on absorbent and non-absorbent internal substrates; to prepare most floor surfaces including timber floors prior to installing Ceramic & porcelain tiles, Glass/ceramic/stone mosaic tiles, Natural stone, and Wooden flooring (Inc. parquet flooring, laminates).
BAL Level Fast Levelling Compound Features:
- Bed depth 2mm – 30mm
- Fibre Strand Technology (FST) for improved flexibility and resilience.
- Suitable for timber floors (minimum thickness 3mm).
- Accepts foot traffic in 30 minutes at 20°C.
- Self-smoothing, shrinkage compensated with ‘one pour’ excellent flow.
- Protein free formulation.
- Excellent coverage: 4m² at 3mm thickness
- Tile after 45 minutes
BAL Level Fast Levelling Compound is suitable for dry internal applications only, unless you are using BAL Waterproofing Kit For Showers, BAL WP1 Tanking System or BAL TANK-IT. It is suitable for underfloor heating, and for use in domestic or commercial areas (NOTE: for large areas we would recommend BAL Level Max.
NOTE: BAL Level Fast Levelling Compound is not suitable as a wearing surface, for exterior use or total immersion areas (e.g. swimming pools).
BAL Level Fast Levelling Compound can be used on the following substrates:
- Cement:Sand Screeds and Concrete with low/highly absorbent surface. (Where the surface is high absorbency, prime with BAL Prime APD 1:1 with water. Where the surface has low absorbency, dampen with clean water.).
- Cement:Sand Screeds with Underfloor Heating. (Where the surface is high absorbency, prime with BAL Prime APD 1:1 with water.)
- Overlaid Timber Floors (Seal back face and edges with undiluted BAL Bond SBR. Check suitability for the intended purpose with the manufacturer)
- Single Layer Plywood (Seal back face and edges with undiluted BAL Bond SBR. Prime with undiluted BAL Prime APD.)
- Ceramic tile adhesive residues
- Unglazed Ceramic Tiles / Hard Natural Stone
- Tile Backer/Fibre Cement Boards (Prime with undiluted BAL Prime APD.)
- Mastic Asphalt
- Anhydrite/Calcium Sulfate Screeds (Check suitability for the intended purpose with the manufacturer, Prime with BAL Prime APD, first coat 1:1 with water, second coat undiluted 90⁰ to the first.)
Do NOT use BAL Level Fast in temperatures below 5°C or in damp conditions.
- Prime the floor surface if required and allow to dry before mixing. Note: Timber board joints where gaps between boards are open, use thin heavy duty tape to bridge joints, care must be taken not to over everywhere in tape (this will help to minimise the leveller disappearing beneath the sub-floor).
- Pour mix over sub-floor and spread to required depth using a suitable steel finishing trowel or long hand blade.
- Surface should be sufficiently smooth to receive floor coverings without further treatment. Note: Do NOT use a spiked roller; this will pull the fibres to the surface. If any trowel marks remain: rub down before compound has hardened (after 3 hours).
- Allow new floor surface to set. Depending on thickness of application, a 3mm layer of BAL Level Fast can receive foot traffic after 3 hours and receive tiling after 4 hours.
- Show existing movement joints within the sub-floor and when receive tile finishes.
- Allow BAL Level Fast to set for 24 hours when receive soft floor finishes (inc. vinyl, linoleum, carpet, resilient and certain floor paints)