Ardex E100 is an acrylic-based dispersion for use in screeding and rendering mortars in internal and external locations. Comes in 5kg containers.
The addition of Ardex E100 improves the compressive and tensile strengths, and elasticity and bond strength of the modified mortar. The workability and plastic properties of the mortar are improved without increasing the water/cement ratio, and early age crack formation is significantly reduced.
Ardex E100 is also designed for use in the bonding slurry/grout mortar mixture for Ardex A38 Rapid Hardening and Drying Cement for Floor Screeds.
Ardex E100 is used in bonding grouts or slurry coats, for the adhesion of bonded screeds in mortars based on ordinary Portland cements, masonry cements, cement/lime and bonded renders, to cementitious backgrounds.
Ardex E100 can also be used as an additive to:
• Improve workability without increasing the water content of mortars.
• Increase the compressive and tensile bending strengths of the hardened mortars.
• Improve the elasticity and reduce crack formation in mortars.
• Reduce surface dusting of screeds and renders while increasing their abrasion resistance.
• Enable the minimum thickness of the modified bonded Portland cement floor screed to be reduced to 15mm from the recommended 25mm minimum thickness for unmodified screed mortars.
When the cement and sand mortar is modified with the addition of Ardex E100, this should be applied in the normal way onto a prepared substrate with the bonding slurry/grout.
Apply the bonding slurry with a stiff broom or similar, to the substrate, spreading it out evenly with adequate coverage. The render or screed mortar should be applied into the bonding slurry whilst it is still fresh, wet and workable. On smooth, vertical surfaces such as dense concrete, key the coat with a comb and allow to set and dry to form a bonding key for the subsequently applied render mortar.